The MBUS (Magpul® Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
Made in U.S.A.
· Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
· Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
· Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
· Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard* and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
· Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
· Elevation adjustment tool included, but most aftermarket A2 front sight adjustment tools may be used as well
MBUS – Front
· Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
· Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
· Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
· Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
· ~1.6 MOA (1.886/100m) per click with a 14.5 sight radius
· ~1.2 MOA (1.367/100m) per click with a 20 sight radius
*NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.