The MBUS (Magpul® Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits most 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
Made in U.S.A.
· Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
· Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
· Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
· Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
· Protective wings shield the dual, same plane flip apertures
· Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
· Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
MBUS – Rear
· Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
· Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
· Center of aperture to top of rail: 1.42 in.
· Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
· Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
· ~0.7 MOA (0.754/100m) per click with a 14.5 sight radius
· ~0.5 MOA (0.547/100m) per click with a 20 sight radius